Children, Young People And Families Manager Level 5
This apprenticeship standard is designed for managers who lead and manage services for children, young people and families. The apprenticeship will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and behaviours to lead and manage services that improve outcomes for children, young people and families.
What does it cover?
The apprenticeship will cover a range of important areas such as:
- Understanding the policies, procedures, and legislation that govern services for children, young people and families
- Developing and implementing strategies to improve outcomes for children, young people and families
- Leading and managing teams to deliver high-quality services
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders and partners
- Using data and evidence to inform decision making and service improvement
- Understanding the importance of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families
How does it work?
- The apprenticeship will last for a minimum of 18 months and will include both on-the-job training and off-the-job learning.
- On-the-job training will involve the apprentice working in their role as a manager in a children, young people and families service, and learning on the job through practical experience and mentoring from their employer.
- Off-the-job learning will involve attending remote and in-person training sessions and workshops, completing online learning modules, and working on projects and assignments related to the apprenticeship standard.
- Apprentices will work towards achieving the Children, Young People And Families Manager Level 5 standard, which is made up of a series of assessments and a final end-point assessment.
- Throughout the apprenticeship, apprentices will be assessed against the knowledge, skills, and behaviours outlined in the standard.
- These assessments will include a combination of practical tasks, written assignments, and professional discussions
This course has helped me to develop my skills in learning about the management side of things and it has given me an understanding of why we must do certain things in the nursery and how we complete them. It has helped me look at my practice and has helped me identify what I need to improve on in my practice and also highlighted some things that may help our practice.