Operations / Departmental Manager Level 5 Apprenticeship Standard
The Operations/Departmental Manager Level 5 Apprenticeship Standard is designed to equip individuals with the knowledge, skills, and experience needed to excel in a management role within a department or organisation.
It is a highly-regarded program that is recognised by employers and industry leaders as a benchmark for excellence in management training. As part of the course as well, you will undertake a Level 5 qualification from ILM which is recognised around the world.
The program covers a wide range of topics that are essential for success in a management role. These include leadership, strategic management, financial management, and operations management. The apprenticeship will provide individuals with the opportunity to learn about key management concepts and theories, as well as the practical skills needed to apply them in a real-world setting.
The program is also designed to be flexible, so that it can be tailored to meet the specific needs of the individual and their organisation. This means that apprentices will be able to focus on the areas of management that are most relevant to their role, and will be able to develop the skills and knowledge needed to excel in their particular field.
hese may include:
- Leadership: Apprentices will learn about different leadership styles and how to effectively lead and motivate a team. They will also learn about how to communicate effectively and build strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Strategic Management: Apprentices will learn about how to develop and implement strategic plans for their department or organisation. This may include topics such as market analysis, competitive intelligence, and business planning.
- Financial Management: Apprentices will learn about how to manage the financial resources of their department or organization. This may include topics such as budgeting, financial reporting, and cost management.
- Operations Management: Apprentices will learn about how to effectively manage the day-to-day operations of their department or organisation. This may include topics such as process improvement, quality management, and supply chain management.
- Project management: Apprentices will learn about how to plan, execute, and close projects effectively, including project scope, time, cost and quality management, communication, and risk management.
The Operations/Departmental Manager Level 5 Apprenticeship Standard is a combination of on-the-job training and in-person or online ‘off-the-job’ learning. The apprenticeship is designed to provide a structured training program that allows apprentices to gain the knowledge and skills needed to become a confident and efficient operations/departmental manager, while also working in a real-world setting.
On-the-job training: As an apprentice, you will be employed in an operations/departmental management role and will receive training and mentoring from experienced professionals. You will be working alongside experienced operations/departmental managers and will have the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills you are learning in a real-world setting. Your employer will be responsible for providing you with the necessary training, guidance, and support to help you develop your skills and knowledge.
In-person and online learning: In addition to on-the-job training, apprentices will also attend in-person or virtual ‘off-the-job’ sessions to gain the theoretical knowledge and skills required for the role. The classroom-based learning will be delivered by experienced trainers and will cover a wide range of topics including leadership, strategic management, financial management, and operations management.
The apprenticeship typically lasts for 24 months and is designed to be flexible and tailored to meet the specific needs of the apprentice and their employer.
I have gained so much knowledge about the different aspects of operational management and the theories that underpin leadership styles…Ultimately it has helped me gain valuable knowledge on finance and project management which are vital for my future progression.